Golden Shepherd Puppies =
(AKC German Shepherd + AKC Golden Retriever )
By in-home living parents. We are located in Central Virginia
There are no puppies until maybe late 2022 or for sure early 2023!
VISIT? 2/6 TBD
- Brooklyn goes to Schernekau Family in NJ Purple
Black Female Gia with tiny spot on chest and toe visit /meet 2/6
NORTHERN VA 2/7 TBD
- Loki to Gillanders Family in VA Teal
Black Male Lelo with one white spot on chest
- Bobbie to Bousa Family in NH Pink
Black Female Cleo all black was in peach collar
- Olive to Sakles Family in MD Purple
Golden Female Chanelle Biggest light
- Charlie to Moroney Family in PA Blue
Black Male Cosmo with two white spots on chest and toe
FAYETTEVILLE NC 2/14 at 4pm
- Teddy to Vacha Family in FL Red
Black Male Angus solid black
- Nala to Krone in NC Blue
Golden Female Izzy golden marked w/dot
VISIT 2/20? TBD
- Mac to Gaita Family in NY
Golden Male Biscuit
FREDRICKSBURG VA 6pm on 2/23 with 2nd vet visit and boarding
- Arya to Karnik Family in NH Pink
Golden Female Ella lighter marked w/dot (wants a sibling)
CHARLOTTESVILLE VA 7pm on 2/27 with 2nd vet visit and boarding
- Sadie to DiSalle Family in WA Red
Golden Female Bailey Big dark golden
On Jan 15, Microchip registration form/keychain was mailed to all Paid In Full parents using address on file. Contact us if you don’t get it by USPS 1/25/21. It will be in a plain white envelope.
If you have changed your mind PLEASE let us know ASAP as there are parents from this litter interested in siblings and new parents waiting. Because of the demand you will be refunded all paid costs except for $50.
NEW PUPPY: Vet, food etc will be about $500 in the first 60 days after pickup. Expect sleepless nights for the first week from whining. Patience from chewing things to relieve painful gums until Fall 2021. Routine potty time every 2-3 hours in the first 30 days to continue potty training. They leave here with 50% potty trained then each month add 5-10% based on how consistent you are. Their brains are growing to understand!
Collars: They have transitioned to their small collars from xs. They will be wearing it at pickup with a medium body wrap harness with leash loops since they are NOT leash trained. A leash on a collar will have you dragging them. The wrap will also give them a hug like comfort during the ride home. Bring a leash 10′ or longer, the retractable kind is good. They will need a medium size collar or harness within 1-2 months of pickup. They will be wearing their newly opened Adaptil calming collar 24/7 for the next 2-3 weeks to help with anxiety of new surroundings without their 9 siblings. You can use it with your own collar and discard it in a few weeks.
Book your 9 week old 2nd vet visit for Feb 22, 2021 now. Another is due Mar 15 and another at 14-16 weeks old then yearly. Visits can cost $60-100 per. Estimated cost for vet in first 60 days is about $350-500 depending on your vet’s pricing. None of our dogs have ever tested positive for parasites.
Flea/tick care should be in the pill form for families with young children that will have faces in their fur, not a drop liquid that could get on their little faces and absorbed into their delicate skin. BudgetPetCare.com is affordable for nexgard or nexgard spectra. Spectra offers added internal parasite infection from public potty areas or from sniffing other dogs behinds. Nexgard or Nexgard spectra is a monthly pill we use on parents.
After pickup: DO NOT visit dog parks until they have had their 3rd vet visit by Mar 15!!! To avoid a deadly disease like Parvo that they can get from the potty areas of unvaccinated dogs. Use fast food, community college or shopping area grass parking lots to be bit safer. We will have a small potty clip with bags and collapsible plastic water bowl for the ride home.
Puppy fee includes:
GMale-$1,500 – GFemale $1,350 – BFemale $1,250 – BMale $1,200
- first shots, de-worming and physical exam from a licensed Vet at 6 weeks old
- Temporary ID tag for travel home with simple 4′ leash
- medium mesh harness for travel to destination (provides comfort & lead control)
- about 2 weeks of dog food for weaning (don’t buy food until Feb 2 in case the vet recommends changes to diet)
- 134kHz microchipping implanted with tempscan (newest version)
- first dose of nexgard (flea/tick) lasting for 2-3 weeks after pickup
- pop up travel water bowl and mini (leash attachable) waste bag holder with refills
- 1-2 individual C.E.T. Enzymatic Large chew pieces
- opened on pick up day: Adaptil puppy calming collar to leave on for the first 3 weeks
- clean in-home 24/7 care with daily holding and attention by humans/parents
A vet appointment should be booked for Feb 22, 2021 for your pup’s next shots! Then again March 15 and around April 5 with yearly exams to follow. We do not ship or fly out your pup. Microchips do not GPS track your puppy, it only gives a person with a microchip wand (vet/animal control) the information of who the owner is when found if you have entered that data into the microchip company’s files (online or by mail). See flight details at the bottom of this page if you are flying.
These dogs are mixed and not recognized by AKC but both parents have AKC registrations with absolutely no health issues of any kind. The Golden dad has a Canadian champion bloodline. We do not get mixed colored pups. We only get black in short (or a rare long hair), cream long hair or light golden short hair. Long haired pups won’t like heat or heat from holding too long. They will like cold floors.
- We need name changes by week 3 or sooner to build name recognition. We use their names while holding them daily.
- Balance is paid full/partially online with the deposit using a card with a Visa, MC, Amex or Discover logo OR as cash when pickup is outside our home. If we are meeting at a location other than our home then the balance must be made online or by check four weeks before pickup because we will not travel with cash and require a full clearance of payment.
- We will be texting photos each week starting around week 3-4 to see growth of your puppy before pickup and if they do something cute but we will not be having visits to our home in Central VA.
- We have never had a health issue with a puppy but if there is a serious health issue mentioned by the vet we will refund 100% of the paid cost, this includes a death or serious injury to the puppy during our care.
- We will be taking pups to a licensed vet at 6 weeks old on Feb 1. Let us know of specific requests beyond microchipping, deworming and first shots. Nexgard is given to pup on pickup day to give flea/tick protection for 3 weeks until next vet visit due for a 9 week immunization on Feb 22.
- Boarding past Feb 21 will cost $5 per day (up to Feb 28) plus $100 for a second vet visit on the 22. We do not board past Feb 2021 to avoid bonding with us. They need to learn leash training and your pattern of potty training with you.
- Expect excessive chewing late Feb to Aug! C.E.T Enzyme Large is our recommended chew brand in the first month to avoid diarrhea and choking (other dogs will take it). You can go cheaper with chew/treats after Apr or when you have reached successful 24/7 potty training. If you give puppies quality chews then they chew less of your stuff!
At this time since this litter was so large. We have decided to give the mom (and us) a break for a year for her to heal and build a healthy body for her next delivery in 2022. We have retired Osky in 2020 and Toby in 2021. Toby’s little brother Beau(beau-b) is the next dad.
The Golden Shepherd puppy re-homing fee reflects the time given for quality care as described in the following paragraphs. Rehoming fees are $1,200-1,500 based on litter sex/color size. We are not a puppy mill and parents all over the United States search for a breeder like us not just for the rare mixed breed ( especially when torn between selecting one of the two) but to invest into a healthy puppy for the long term. We take the time off work to raise these puppies attentively with constant love inside our home to trust their owner(s). They are great family dogs for those with young children or adults.
The first year of puppy raising is high energy but they calm down with the chewing and potty issues after they are a year old. If you don’t have the patience to deal with the complicated first year with puppies needing lots of patience with a regular schedule then please look into older dogs looking for homes in shelters. These dogs will shed regularly but grooming 2-3 times a month can reduce shedding.
Puppy mills can have issue with exposure to parvo, fleas, poor mother care and unsupervised nursing during the first few weeks. We want them to have that cute little fat belly that is not full of worms. We leave food out 24/7 to avoid issues with food hoarding later from not enough food. Virginia’s minimum age is 7 weeks to leave a litter. Leaving too early before 7 weeks can cause issues later in life. Puppy mill puppies can also get anxiety from neglect, long term potty issues from unclean living conditions, aggression from abuse and health issues from poor diet during growth. Most dogs in the pound are from puppy mills and some people don’t have the patience to deal with the anxiety issues. We offer an alternative to those that we believe will give our pups a forever home. We expect owners to contact us to take their pup back to live with their parents if they can not provide a forever home for their pups. These are mixed breed dogs and their pups will be mixed mixed dogs which there are many of in shelters so please spay or neuter your pup at around 1 year old. Early spay/neuter can cause potty and health issues later in life.